Sunday, May 11, 2014

First Mothers Day

With my sweet little Kenna, I have officially joined the rank of mama, at last earning sacrament-meeting Mothers Day carnations and/or chocolate. A lot of work for a small token if you asked me. :) We donned our new dresses today for the occasion, K and me.

She is opinionated and cheeky, brave and silly, stubborn and vivacious as all get out. I like to think that she was meant for me.

In just eight months she has taught me things I never knew about myself, about life, about womanhood, and about my Father and Mother in Heaven. And of course, about my own mother, who I could not love and admire more than I do now.




It has been a humbling new world.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Kenna is so cute! I love the rolls on her arms in an earlier post.

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. We must get together soon!

Jenn said...

Welcome to the club! ;) It's got joys and challenges all it's own. It was so wonderful to see the amazing mother you are! Can't wait to hang out more this summer!

Megan said...

Gosh the two of you are gorgeous. Being a mom teaching you amazing (and frightening?) things, huh?! I bet you're the coolest mom. ;)

Diane said...

She is SO CUTE!